Posted by Ganesh Sharma (@qubole-ta)
Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
Are you a big data engineer with a passion to help others leverage data for analytics and machine learning? Then this is the position for you.
Qubole is looking for a Developer Evangelist to lead the Qubole developer relations function. We’re looking for the right person to inspire and empower developers using open source engines such as Presto, Apache Spark and Airflow for Machine Learning and Analytics. You’ll lead the qubole.com Developer portal, connecting a passionate community of developers seeking technical guidance and coding support. You will create and promote technical content, resources, and events to help developers use data for Analytics and Machine Learning.
Ideal candidate is someone who understands the ins and outs of big data processing and has written enough code to have opinions on the different big data engines and frameworks. You love to teach others and are endlessly curious about and excited by technology.
What you will be doing:
- Increase awareness of Qubole as a premier provider of big data processing engines such as Presto and Apache Spark
- Create technical content for publication on our blog, marketing campaigns, and other channels to show developers how to use engines for analytics and machine learning
- Educate and empower developers, giving technical workshops and speaking at big data events
- Lead the strategy and execute initiatives to grow the developer relations function at Qubole
- Writing code, creating articles and blog posts and delivering presentationsLed technical workshops and education initiatives to increase sector-wide developer expertise.
- Solid and diverse software or data engineering skills
- Experience in one or more open source software engines such as Presto or Apache Spark
- Experience building, compiling and communicating best practices.
- A friendly approach to teaching and mentoring others through traditional and innovative methods
- Willingness to travel to where our developer communities live a few times every quarter
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
Good to have:
- Experience inspiring and educating diverse communities in how to choose open source engines for effective analytics and machine learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking and ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- Hustling skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer