NHAI is the primary body that looks over the planning, management and construction of highways in India. It manages an annual budget of over 1.3 lac crores and plays a core role in nation building.
The monitoring and management of highway construction generates a lot of data which can be analyzed to reduce delays, arbitration, leakages and help make NHAI a more data-driven organization.
Datasets generated include:
- Drone footage of every highway on a routine basis
- Network Survey Vehicles capturing precision condition of the roads using LIDAR, infrared etc.
- Fastag data on highway-wise toll generated and traffic
- GIS data of the NH network and corresponding datasets
- Accident and blackspot information
- Process level information on billing and progress during construction and maintenance.
Role is not limited to AI/ML but using data in any form and method (from simple charting to advanced algorithms) to help improve decision making overall. The role will include significant interaction with domain experts and end-users for scoping and delivery. In that sense it is a data scientist position and not a AI/ML engineer specifically.
You'll be the first data scientist in the organization and play a foundational role in charting the digital trajectory of an insitution of national importance.
Last date to apply is: 22nd May, 2022 (6:00 PM)
Application has to be made on the official NHAI website: https://vacancy.nhai.org/ictpmu/
Detailed eligiblity criteria and TORs can be accessed here: https://nhai.gov.in/nhai/sites/default/files/vacancy_files/JointAdvisorAdvertisement.pdf
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer