This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
The Role - Sr Front End Software Engineer
Posted by Johann Schmidt (@johannschmidt)
Are you excited to develop features and product that will serve millions of students every single day on multiple platforms? Are you ready to solve a few of the toughest Front-End challenges? Are you passionate to learn and share something new every day? Do you continuously keep your eyes open to new technologies and open to sharing with the team? Do you dream about JS Closures and Ajax loops? If the answer to the above questions is yes, then Opportunity Engine is waiting for you.
A Senior Front-End Engineer at Opportunity Engine is someone that makes an immediate and the first impact on our customers who are the students. This is a rare opportunity to join Opportunity Engine Study Engineering team and help millions of students with your knowledge and expertise. Opportunity Engine is looking for an engineer who lives and dreams in a Front-End world.
- Working with a team of expert engineers within and outside of your team.
- Working hand in hand with Designers, Product, Data Scientists, and Researchers.
- Implementing and owning highly scalable and cross-browser compatible Front-End features/projects.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Motivating other engineers around you with your experience and expertise.
- Continuously taking initiative in performance optimizations.
- Participating extensively in Product/Research discussion.
- Coming up with architecture and design.
- Crystal clear understanding of OOP.
- Extensive experience in vanilla JS and fundamentally strong in overall JS.
- The Clear understanding of cross-browser compatibility and accessibility. Understanding of JS engine.
- Solid experience in JS frameworks/libraries/platform like Node.js, Backbone, jQuery, React, Angular JS etc.
- Proficient in Ajax implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of CSS(3) and related frameworks like SASS, PostCSS etc.
- Strong experience in at least one of the scripting language like PHP/Python(Preferably PHP).
- Extensive experience writing unit-tests in JS and PHP or similar scripting language.
- Clear understanding of Middle Layer and Databases(MySQL & NoSQL).
- Excellent understanding and working experience of AWS EC2/ECS and cloud computing.
- Solid understanding of Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
- Working experience in Docker, ECS and related containerization technologies.
- Overall Front-End optimization enthusiastic.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Experience working in Agile technologies and/or Kanban.
- Experience working with Git, Composer, Packagist, Gulp, Webpack etc.
- Self-motivated, highly responsible and passionate about the best possible experience for millions of students.
- Familiarity with developing front end microservices
- Experience developing for mobile browsers.
- Open source contributor.
- Experience using Monitoring/Alerting tools like NewRelic, Graphite, GrayLog, Amazon CloudWatch
- Working knowledge of deep linking.
- Experience in PHP frameworks like Symfony and Laravel.
- Development experience in React.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer