This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
The Data Scientist / Developer along with the IT team develops innovative heath analytics system based on machine learning approaches by integrating medical information and genomics data.
- Big Data innovative health analytics. Provide health and biological insight based on machine learning approaches in integration of medical information, genomics and behavioural data.
- Apply cloud compute based real time queries of structured and unstructured data. Speed and accuracy optimization.
- Designing and developing algorithms of data analysis and visualization solutions.
- High throughput data processing, mining and curation, including detailed analysis, standardization and mapping of longitudinal phenotyping data and ontologies.
- Increase internal and external adoption of advanced data analytics solutions and dashboards.
- Identify new research opportunities, and develop innovative technology solutions to address multi-dimensional research questions.
- Familiarity with genomics technologies and analysis methods as well as facility with scripting or automated tools to prepare large data sets
- Experienced and fluent with statistical programming language R, PRocessing.js, Python, and others for data extraction, analysis and visualization (mandatory)
- Advance degree in data science, statistics, computer science or related fields.
- Exposure to healthcare, genomics and bioinformatics domains and its data types are a plus
- Text Analytics using NLP
- Experience with at least one machine learning platform such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, CUDA, MXNet.
- Experience with the implementation of text mining algorithms on structure and unstructured data.
- Database - NoSQL such as MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Data curation and data integrity
- Strong critical and computational/ analytical skills. Should be familiar with SQL and relational databases. Knowledge of additional databases, RDF, and Linked Data approaches would be a strong advantage.
- Machine learning algorithms and neural networks.
- Fluency in writing APIs
- Solid foundation of data structures, standardization and algorithms development.
- Strong communication and global collaborations skills.
- Peer reviewed publications in the domain of data science and bioinformatics are a plus
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer