This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Android Developer
Posted by Ankit Gupta (@ankit851gupta)
Child Growth Monitor https://hasjob.co/childgrowthmonitor.org/dmldi , Anywhere · childgrowthmonitor.org · Full-time employmentFull-time employment · Mobile (iPhone, Android, other)Mobile (iPhone, Android, other)
Millions of child deaths are caused by malnutrition each year. 200 million children are suffering from malnutrition. Therefore, the United Nations have set the goal of Zero Hunger by 2030. In the fight against malnutrition, detection is the first important step, but it is not easy. Measuring children with traditional methods is still a complex, slow and expensive task, frequently resulting in poor data and wrong assessments of the situation.
Every child should be measured for healthy growth and screened for signs of malnutrition to ensure their right to health and zero hunger. Our mission is to provide quick and accurate data on child malnutrition in the most ethical way. Our solution to measure children replaces hard-ware (measuring boards and physical scales) with software.
The Child Growth Monitor uses augmented reality enabled smartphones to record 3D scans of children. Artificial Intelligence is used to predict their height, weight and middle upper-arm cir-cumference.
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer who likes the idea of working for a non-profit, open source, social cause. You will start working in a dedicated globally distributed team (GMT +2 - GMT +5:30) of passionare IT specialists as a
Senior Android Developer for Augmented Reality and AI apps (m/f)
Globally Remote, preferably in India (Mumbai)
This posting concerns a full-time assignment working for Welthungerhilfe in a contract capacity in order to help us develop our app.
• 5 years proven work experience in this or similar position
• Extensive experience in Open Source software, community and tools
• Expert in Android development (Java, C++ knowledge is an advantage)
• Experience with databases using SQL
• Apps debugging, analysing problems and resolving them
• Well-organized and focused on the important tasks at hand
• Team player / valuable addition to our scrum team
What we offer:
• Working on one of the most urgent problems of mankind: solving the world hunger by 2030
• Working in an international, vibrant team
• Learning from renowned and experienced AI experts and IT specialists
• Pioneer work in the field of anthropometric measurement via AI
• Remote work, esp. if you don’t live in Mumbai or Berlin
Your qualifications include:
• At least 5 years of work experience
• Degree in IT, engineering or comparable
• Preferred- Experience in 3D and Augmented Reality apps
• Good English communication skills
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer